Monday, December 22, 2008

Tricky to navigate stairs through all the tears


I don't have any qualms about using these blogs to make random references to TV favorites. However, I do try to avoid peddling any type of product or recommendation. Either way, I will take the time to tell anyone reading this to go see "Seven Pounds."

This is one of the best written movies I have ever seen. Character motivation, development and plot begin as a scrambled pile of puzzle pieces.

Based on what I have read, don't trust the reviews of this movie. People complain that the mystery is too thick, the segments too disjointed. I disagree entirely. I think Seven Pounds does what many movies fail to: respects the audience. You may find yourself predicting the end of this movie early on. Even if you do, it will not take away from the powerful climax or poignant last scene.

2 comments:

  1. Scott and I went the day it came out. We concur; great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca & Johnny said they loved this movie, we have yet to see it but I really WANT to even more now.

    ReplyDelete