Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pouting


I woke up in a terrible mood this morning. By some sixth sense I knew that it was going to be gray, ugly and cold outside when I opened my eyes. This is not the time of year to be reluctant to meet the day. But, like an emerging spelunker, my awareness slowly ascended from slumber to slide open the hatch of my eyelids. He must've snuck a peek and realized that this April 1st was a dismal, pathetic representation of Spring. You've made a "fool" out of all of us. Give me your showers, April, but leave snow for your ugly stepsister months like January and February. Don't murder May's flowers with this bullshit below-40-degree weather. You're stealing the rejuvenating power of Spring from those of us who desperately need it. Cut it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment