Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The "Summertime" List


These 85- to 90-hour workweeks are getting brutal. Despite my 2,000 IU Vitamin D "Super High Potency" supplements, the winter blues are creeping in early.


I am going to do my best to stay positive. On the few days the skies aren't gray and smoggy, I'm going to make a real effort to see the beauty in the snowy mountains. I'm going to take my wife snowboarding and go sledding with the girls.


And, I am going to keep working. I'm going to work like a mad man. I am going to plow through the overtime hours during the time of year when I don't want to be outside to save money for the time of year I do. I am going to pour as much money into savings as I can and for every $10 I put into a house fund, I'm going to put $2 or $3 into a "fun" fund.


Oh yeah, and I'm going to daydream a little bit while I plan it out. The list of things I want to do during the warm months of 2011 is already being composed. I know I'm supposed to be focusing on living in the moment, but when I fail to do that I feel like focusing on something you are looking forward to might be second best.


When I saw this video and realized it was shot in Alpine, Utah - the first line on the list filled itself in pretty damn quick!


I did this once before at Gunlock Reservoir with Johnny and CJ back in 2001. We strapped a wooden ramp to the end of a dock. I got "like three feet of air" that time. That boat ramp approach didn't lend us nearly as much gravity as this dirt hill does.


So far, Moab and Lake Powell also fall appropriately high on the list.


Winter months may be long and cold, but when tax season overtime is unlimited, at least the dreary hours will pay well.



1 comment:

  1. When I feel the winter blues I make a stiff drink, dance, and lately play some pool.

    ReplyDelete