Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I wish I had more black friends to hug

What a night. I have never before paid much attention to politics and usually watch the presidential nomination with the same mild interest as I might follow the PGA Tour. But tonight... tonight I was RIVETED! I have been watching CNN.com all day, working little. When the projection came in for President Obama came in, I regained my shaken hope for America and the democratic process.

I thought McCain's concession speech demonstrated great character and was only fouled by the seething response from his most faithful followers. In the past I may have been guilty of calling him a "creepy war-monger" but I gained a lot of respect for him for encouraging republicans to move forward and not tolerating the boos in response to Obama's name.

1 comment:

  1. Things I strongly dislike about the republican party:

    1. They Boo. Seriously?? SERIOUSLY?
    2. You can't vote for a republican in the primaries in Utah unless you sign a blood oath to BE a registered republican.

    I have about 15 more, but it just gets me loud and stupid...

    ReplyDelete