Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Who has two thumbs and hates Todd Packer? This guy.


Doing a blog post from my iPod Touch seemed like a really good idea until I started typing (more like mashing!).

"I'm sorry, the fingers you've used to dial are too fat. To order a special dialing wand..."

Alright. Enough obscure TV references. But, ten points if you knew the first one was from The Office without the picture. And, let's see, a Gold Star sticker if you remembered the second one was from The Simpsons; you know, back when it was funny.

About the goatsucker book, I know I put on here that I would finish it by Christmas. I can only devote so many hours a day to writing and I made some great progress with it. Alas, my priorities have been changed for me.

Before I can put any more time into high school bullies or mythological mexican monsters, I need to get my first book into print. I mentioned it in my first or second post on this blog. Until a few weeks ago, I had decided not to publish it. I've had some amazing conversations since then which made me reconsider. A small handful of people have actually found the book helpful and started promoting it to their friends. So, I can either let my rough drafts keep getting passed around or do it right. It was a lot of work so the latter is really the only option.

I don't write this to encourage any of you to read my first book. I just wanted to let those of you who expressed interest in the fiction book know that it has been pushed back. Even though you completely forgot about it until now, humor me and act disappointed, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment