Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Permanent Solution to Temporary Insanity

So, yesterday was a crazy day. Awesome, but crazy. I don't think that level of euphoria is natural, but as far as I can remember, I didn't take anything. I did eat large quantities of fruit and peanut butter, but I doubt the two are related.

On yesterday's blog, I wrote about wanting to remember that feeling. I have been trying for a while to decide on a tattoo I could get that would help me stay focused on living, rather than drifting. Today, I re-read the post, already trying to recapture that sensation, and I came across the line " I hope that I can always live life with a sense of urgency, but not in a hurry."

I don't if everyone will feel the same way, but I started to feel like "urgent" was really the right word. One of its many meanings is "without delay" and that just really hit me today.

Determined to start living my new principle right away, I rushed into one of the things you should probably never rush into... and got it tattooed on me.

"Live Life Urgently"

All I had to decide on was the font. I chose old typewriter script because I thought that might be a secondary reminder to spend more time reading and writing. Who says you can't pack more than one meaning into your ink?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and by the way, Melissa, I watched Joe Vs. The Volcano today at work. I fell in love with it the moment I saw the workers trudging into the office.

    We have a revolving door at my work to. I have been hit by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i guess it would be going against your motto to wait around to decide to get a tattoo haha.

    What a great motto to live by!

    I really like the def. "without delay". You've been making me think a lot about some things I need to change. :)


    I'm glad you liked the movie, I've recommended it before and gotten really puzzled looks afterwords.

    ReplyDelete