Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And to think I paid them to do this to me...


So, the other day some friends of ours invited us to come swim and hot tub with them. You know how swim shorts tend to billow in a hot tub? Well, they started giving me a hard time about my tan line and fish white thighs. I spend most of the summer shirtless, but rarely have an opportunity to sunbathe the way they do on those beaches in the south of France.


To avoid future taunting, I thought I would spend the $10 for a session in one of those nicer tanning beds. You know, the ones that supposedly don't have the "burning" rays?


Always trying to get the most bang for my buck, I said "sure!" when the lady asked me if I wanted to go the full 20 minutes.


Well, it worked. I no longer have a pasty white section in the middle of my body where my shorts usually are. The lines are still there, but now instead of going from brown to bright white, they go from brown to lobster red.

Why, oh why do I do these things that I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment