Monday, April 18, 2011

The Season of Fresh Starts


Last day of tax season and the fourth day of fresh air. 2011 has been full of surprises. The last week has been full of new beginnings. Plain and simple - I just feel good. Sometimes I miss my little girls more than I can stand but I am grateful for the support system they have and know that when all is said and done, both of their parents want the same thing - for them to be safe and happy.

I'm sure I have a long list of apologies to make after the last few months. Someday I'll have the energy and backbone to get to each of them individually, but for now let's just say that I hold no grudges and just want to let bygones be bygones. It's Spring. It's a new day. All we can do with the past is accept that it will remain firmly cemented behind us... as long as we keep facing forward, that is. Sometimes good people make uncharictaristically bad choices, I know that better than anyone. Fourtunately that doesn't make them bad people. I'm so grateful to have old friends back and to have made some new ones.

I want to be happy. I want the mother of my daughters to be happy. We both want the best for them. Despite anything else that happens/happened, that still puts us on the same "team" doesn't it? I mean, it has to.

No comments:

Post a Comment