Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sweet Reunion


Back in 'oh eight I wrote one of my favorite essays entitled Sleeping Jenny. I put the link to it in case you would like to go back and check it out. I reference it now because something miraculous happened last night.


Working the afternoon shift does have some advantages (like shift differential pay and not setting an alarm clock) but it does put me home later than I'd like. Last night my manager invited a few of us to a place called Buffalo Wild Wings which is a bar and wing grill. Utah readers may have gone to Wingers or Pizza Hut to get wings, but it really doesn't compare to what they offer in Texas. In Texas you'd be hard-pressed to find a stripmall without a wing bar and donut shop. Forget the easy decision between honey bbq and regular, Buffalo Wild Wings has a range of spicyness including 14 flavors. Last night I tried the third from the hottest - Mango Habanero.


I could tell you how delicious the wings were, but that really isn't the point of my story. I could also tell you how one of my coworkers sent me home with their Asian Zing leftovers and what a good combination that was to the second showing of The Colbert Report, but that is also beside the point. What I want to tell you is what happened AFTER retreating to the bedroom.


I didn't turn on the light for fear of disturbing Sleeping Jenny. As the girls have grown she has become more tolerable and less violent, but I still don't want to poke the bear if you know what I mean.


I slid into bed about 1 AM. To my extreme surprise and delight, Sleeping Jenny performed a sudden and impressive horizontal 270 until she was smack-dab in the middle of the bed and pulling my arm around her. It's only a Queen so that left me with one arm over her and the other dangling toward the floor. Eventually my leg followed. But, the half of my body that was still on the bed loved it so much that I stayed there and cuddled her until 3, enjoying the scent of her hair like a junkie off the wagon. Eventually the need to return circulation to 115 pounds of me became too great to ignore. But while it lasted, it was awesome!



2 comments:

  1. Awww! I'm glad I'm back. I guess I'm not so sleep deprived :) Sorry for leaving you hanging off the bed :) You probably could have scooted me over and I wouldn't have noticed though. Wow!! That must mean we're finally out of the baby stage of having kids. Now, that is WEIRD!! Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your job is to find me a good man. You're the sweetest husband. Jenyn lucked out. Or did you luck out!?! hum..

    ReplyDelete