Monday, February 1, 2010

All-Princess Weekend


Once upon a time, in a land far, far away...

Like, Texas far...

Two beautiful princesses named Emma and Abbi were stuck inside their castle (rambler) because of the cold, rainy weather.

Their Father, the King and big spender, took his two princesses to a magical store of enchanted discs. $4.28 later they left the kingdom of Blockbuster in their Honda Odyssey chariot, each princess with their selection in hand.

Their Mother, the Queen, invented delicious and healthy homemade popcicles with plain yogurt, blueberries, bananas, and dark chocolate.

The walls of the castle were filled with princess songs from their chosen DVDs. So much so, that even after returning to his bread-winning duties on Monday, the King cannot forget that "there's something there that wasn't there before" between Belle and The Beast.

"What's there, Mama?"

Ah, Chip, you silly little bastard tea cup.

(I only call him a bastard because his father is nowhere to be found and it looks like he got knocked around a little.)

The number of Thing-A-Ma-Bobs belonging to Ariel still rings clearly, nay relentlessly, in his mind.

The disturbing realization of how many Disney villains fall to their deaths is still fresh.

In fact, the King and Queen laughed at each other after proving how immersed in the All-Princess Weekend they were by spending their Saturday night watching Atlantis.

To all of the other Kings and Queens with little princesses at home, I invite you to visit the Disney Princess website. We stumbled on it by accident and found that our little princesses really enjoyed picking dresses and accessories for their favorite princess. Enjoyed it for HOURS.

3 comments:

  1. Yes it was a great princess FILLED weekend!! so much fun! What a great daddy they have :) We're so lucky to have you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I only call him a bastard because..." Okay, that made me crack up out loud and I had to look around in embarrasment because my computer is broken and so I have to get my now sporadic blog fixes in public places. Ha! That was funny and you are a sweet Daddy.

    P.S. since my computer time is limited, will you tell your darling wife that she shouldn't apologize for complaining on her blog (it wasn't even really complaining), that she is freaking amazing, and I'm sorry she had to go through all of that garbage!

    I'm glad you guys are moving back, I hope it's soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Is it just me, or do all of those princess in your post picture have "bedroom eyes" ?

    ReplyDelete