Monday, October 20, 2008

Cannibalistic Fruit


This whole "get fit" trend is excruciating. As soon as you start trying to eat healthy, you realize what a loosing battle it really is. I never noticed before how much of what we eat is processed garbage. I am far from reaching the point of an organic pansy; and if I ever become a vegetarian, may the animals I would have eaten trample me dead.

But it does get a little creepy to start paying attention to the laundry list of chemicals we ingest on a daily basis. The most difficult part of this new approach is the water. I have been tugging at a gallon jug of water everyday and even manage to finish it sometimes. Have you ever made a point of drinking a gallon of water every day? Draining that trough has me peeing like a puppy on an IV.

So, another 12 minutes have passed and it's time for me to slosh and waddle my way back to the little boy's room. It is becoming an all-too-often walk of shame. I never had this problem when I was living off of 32 ounce energy drinks and Egg McMuffins.

(By the way, I picked this picture because I thought it looked deliciously 80's. Take a closer look, is that a giant slice of pizza smack-dab in the center of the healthy feast?!)

1 comment:

  1. hehehehehe, that cartoon is too funny...

    I've been lugging around a gallon of water every day too. It usually takes me 2 days to finish it, if I'm on top of things. I can't imagine finishing a whole one. Of course I'm not exercising like you, either. I'm just trying to get that caffeine/energy drink monkey off my back (it's not going well).

    ReplyDelete