Thursday, February 18, 2010

In Utah


Man. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. At around 7:30 p.m. Central time I was told that my first day back in Utah would be on March 1st. That gives me (us) 10 days to get a U-Haul, pack, and move back to Utah.


So, how am I feeling? I'm a little dazed. Honestly, there are so many things about Texas I already miss. I miss the green rolling fields and the pastures of longhorn cattle. I miss the hawks and falcons you see so frequently. I miss the trees and lakes. I miss the gym at work. I miss the cool parks and walking trails. I miss the free wine tasting at Albertson's. I miss the diversity.


The truth is, though, almost everything I miss about Texas is a thing, not a who. The "who's" are all in Utah. The faces I look forward to seeing, the conversations I look forward to having, the hugs from family members I look forward to receiving...


They are all ahead of me. In Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment